Are you experiencing rib pain, or do you think that one of your ribs may have shifted out of position? In today’s post, we will discuss the answer to the following questions:
- What can cause a rib to shift out of position?
- What are the symptoms of rib pain due to misalignment?
- Can a chiropractor help rib pain resulting from an out of place rib?
Rib pain is no fun, so let’s get your questions answered quickly and get you the help you need!
What Can Cause a Rib to Shift Out of Position?
A rib shifting out of alignment is not as uncommon as you might think. There are a number of ways that this type of issue can occur.
- Traumatic injury – A car accident, sports injury, slip and fall, or other types of trauma may have shifted the rib out of position.
- Repetitive strain – Whether for work or recreation, a repetitive motion may have caused the rib to shift position.
- Poor posture – Poor posture on a daily basis can lead to all sorts of problems, including misaligned ribs. Perhaps you are recently working from home due to the pandemic and don’t have an ergonomic setup. Now may be the time to think about rearranging your home office.
How can you know if this type of injury is the cause of your problem?
What Are the Symptoms of Rib Pain Due to a Misaligned Rib?
How can you know if your rib pain is due to misalignment? The fact is, if you are dealing with severe rib pain, you should have it checked out to make sure there are no fractures. However, it is far more likely the pain is just from a misalignment. The pain can manifest in a number of different ways, including:
- Back pain in the region of the misalignment
- Pain in the rib cage itself, especially near the misaligned rib
- Radiating pain, centered around the rib that is out of place
Where can you go to find relief so that rib pain does not become chronic (or if it already is)?
Can a Chiropractor Help Rib Pain Resulting from an Out of Place Rib?
Yes, a chiropractor can help to get the rib back into a natural position with gentle adjustments. If you are dealing with rib pain or have any reason to believe one of your ribs may be out of place, contact Ward Chiropractic & Rehabilitation today. You can call 703.672.1661 or request an appointment online.